The Plot Thickens
Since I’m stuck inside with him all day, I thought why not write some facts about Isaiah? You’re welcome.
- Isaiah is taller than me by several inches. Tall enough to reach the top of the cabinets without a step ladder at least. I have to ask him to get my blender or kettle whenever I want a smoothie or tea.
- He is a fruit person, not a vegetable person. If I make something with too many vegetables, there’s no guarantee he’ll eat all of it.
- There’s no guarantee he’ll eat all of anything though. He’s really, really bad at only eating half a meal, putting away the leftovers, then never touching it again.
- He even does this with fast food, not just home cooked meals.
- He can make quite tasty enchiladas.
- Anyone who knows even the slightest thing about him probably knows he’s a Marvel fan. However, you might not know he didn’t realize that the Marvel movies were all connected until seeing Avengers: Age of Ultron.
- Coincidentally (or maybe not), his favorite actor in the MCU is Chris Evans.
- Jeremy Renner is his husband though.
- Isaiah is the reason I saw Avengers: Endgame in theaters on opening night.
- The good news is, he is fine with DC films. His favorite of those is Wonder Woman.
- You know what he isn’t fine with? Musicals.
- It’s very sad actually cause I love musicals; at least he likes Sweeney Todd, so there is a silver lining.
- I showed him Sweeney Todd after only knowing him for, at most, a month and a half. When I told him I wanted to watch my favorite musical, he said okay. He was very surprised to say the least.
- The first movie we ever saw together was The Nun. We both agreed it was terrible afterwards. I’ve since hypothesized that he actually kind of liked the movie, but said it was terrible just to agree with everyone else. This was also the first time we ever hung out.
- We met through the newspaper (obviously).
- We started hanging out on a very regular basis almost immediately.
- He’s currently watching Breaking Bad because I recommended it as a good quarantine binge.
- The main thing he’s done this whole time we’ve been isolating is play Lego Marvel’s Superheroes 2. I played part of a single level to help him, and I was a bit terrible and not that helpful. He didn’t even need me to complete the level.
- He wouldn’t say that he has a “favorite” film director, but he is partial to Guillermo del Toro, so I’m trying to make him (and myself) watch more of his films.
- His favorite movie of all time is A League of Their Own. Seconded, most likely, by Unstoppable. Yes, he did buy me a copy of that first movie as a present. I had already seen Unstoppable, so that wasn’t necessary. I will tell you though, I have mad respect for that because I used to buy movies I wanted to own as gifts for family members all the time. It’s a great way to cheat the system.
- He reminds me of GIR from Invader Zim.
- Finally, the order he gets most often at McDonald’s is a two cheeseburger meal with a powerade. Don’t ask me why that’s relevant, but it is.
Here is an old photo for reference:
Latest posts by Alexander Elmore (see all)
- Give Commuter Campuses a Shot - May 20, 2021
- Fearless, Taylor Swift re-recording history - May 5, 2021
- Stop the streaming madness - January 31, 2021