The Plot Thickens
Here is a list of things that I know to be true:
1. I once busted my chin while riding a bike because I rode into a ditch too fast and hit the handlebars.
2. I was looking directly at someone when my chin impacted with the handlebars. I wanted to look cool so I acted like it didn’t hurt very much.
3. It did hurt.
4. The wound didn’t start bleeding until a few minutes later.
5. My chin was administered a butterfly bandage and I later tried to eat a hot dog.
6. The pain was too great for me to eat the entire dog.
7. The blood dripped onto a t-shirt of a band called “As I Lay Dying.” Later, my mother tried to get the blood to permanently stain the t-shirt by drying it without washing so it would “look cool.”
8. It didn’t stain. The blood came out the next time we washed the shirt.
9. I have never listened to “As I Lay Dying”.
10. I don’t know why I had that t-shirt or when I got rid of it.
11. The reason I was riding my bike near a ditch was because I was on a day trip to a state park with my Boy Scout troop, Troop 2.
12. In the middle of writing this, my coworker asked me to subscribe to her YouTube channel.
13. I joined the Cub Scouts about a year late, but was in Boy Scouts for roughly a decade.
14. I spent, at most, a single year as a member of the Boy Scout troop that was hosted by the same church, which hosted the Cub Scouts group I was a part of.
15. Part of the reason I switched was because my parents moved to a different church.
16. I also switched because after I came back from one of my first outings as a Boy Scout, I told my parents that most of the boys had been talking about sex and saying curse words.
17. I don’t regret switching.
18. I am an Eagle Scout.
19. My Eagle Scout project consisted of building a shelf and remodeling a waiting room for children at the custody courthouse
20. I turned in my paperwork to apply to be an Eagle Scout on the day of my 18th birthday.
21. Your 18th birthday is the actual, deal-or-no-deal deadline to turn everything in to be an Eagle Scout.
22. I mention that I’m an Eagle Scout in almost every job interview.
23. I now work at Chipotle.
- Give Commuter Campuses a Shot - May 20, 2021
- Fearless, Taylor Swift re-recording history - May 5, 2021
- Stop the streaming madness - January 31, 2021